Well, all the subjects in the UPSC Curriculum are important, as is History. In history, the basics of the subjects focus on India and its Importance in the Indian National Movement. Therefore studying the impacts of History keywords in UPSC Prelims is very important in generating interest in the history lessons. History is considered to be one of the most important parts of the UPSC Curriculum. The facets of Indian history give us an idea about the societal and economic impacts of Indian and global society.
Following are the important points associated with History keywords in UPSC Prelims and Mains-
Understanding the Source of History Keywords in UPSC Prelims
Indian History is a vast subject where intricate details about India and its associated national movement. It talks about the Pre-Gandhian and Post-Gandhian era. This forms a history keyword for the entire lesson. While studying world history, the history keyword, in this case, includes the First and the Second World War, Diplomatic Relationship between the United States of America and the United States of Soviet Republic (USSR) now known as Russia. Therefore understanding the source of history keywords in UPSC Prelims is very important. The primary source for these keywords includes history books prescribed by NCERT. You can find all these books online by reputed publishers. Moreover, online questions papers of History of UPSC Prelims and Mains can also help you in this regard. You can browse through the question papers of the last 10 years.
Source: India Shastra
Source of Dynamic Keywords
An important concept while understanding the lesson on history keywords is understanding the difference between static and dynamic keywords. In the case of static history keywords, these words are found and included in books and have less relevance to the present reality. These institutes as statutory norms in the history books. On the other hand, the concept of dynamic history keywords is fascinating. These keywords find relevance in the current topics of discussion. These keywords are easily found by reading newspaper articles, journals on the Internet and blogs. It has important information about the topics of current affairs. Therefore both static and dynamic history keywords in UPSC Prelims have an important role to play while understanding the lessons of History.
History keywords in UPSC Prelims and Mains
The lessons on the subject of History are very vast and expansive. There is very little scope to innovate because whatever you are reading is not based on fictional events. The events have taken place in the past and occupy a very important place in the history books. They have been responsible for shaping cultural movements, bringing about a renaissance and also ensuring economic stability in the society. Thus mugging up and understanding the importance of history keywords in UPSC Prelims is simultaneously important.
Methods to Analyze the History Keywords in UPSC Prelims
- GS Score Integrated Test Series can be your one-stop solution. One needs to be alert while preparing notes of Indian History
- The notes should be pointwise and only salient information so that revision could be done hassle-free
- Enhanced understanding of the theory portion is necessary. Memorize the history keywords in UPSC Prelims. Implement them in your answer to enhance your answer even more
- Try and frame sentences with the available history keywords. Once you are capable of framing sentences and phrases with the requisite history keywords, you are bound to get better qualifying marks in the UPSC Prelims and Mains
- Understand the relevance of the lesson in today’s context. For example- you are studying the Civil Disobedience Movement which took place in 1942 and helped in evicting the British from the country. While reading this your systematic history keywords should be the Civil Disobedience movement. You can find out the relevance of this particular history keyword by searching for requisite articles on the Internet
- The entire preparation should be in a time-bound and strategic manner
- The preparation should go in a guided and distraction freeway
- The study material must intend for knowledge purposes. This could be useful in the exam and not for knowledge enhancement or research purposes. UPSC needs an aspirant to be a jack of all and master of none
Therefore, it concludes the note that understanding the importance of the history keywords in UPSC Prelims forms a significant portion of the history curriculum. History is a vast subject and it can extend to expansive lengths. The nature of the lesson and the depth of the study topic Is difficult to gauge. To memorize the history keywords you can write them down in a notebook. Whenever you forget about a particular topic, you can refer to the missing history keyword and the consequent recollection would help you frame an answer with the keyword and thereby would ensure you remember the lesson for a longer period.
While sitting for UPSC Prelims and Mains prepare a list of the important history keywords and revise them thoroughly. This would help you during the examination as it would be easier for you to frame answers.
Mock interviews always boost your confidence which results in a better performance of your actual IAS interview. Have you enrolled in our UPSC Interview Guidance Program? If not, click here