Overview of Personality Test:
The Personality Test will carry 275 marks (with no minimum qualifying marks). Candidates, who obtain such minimum qualifying marks in the written part of the Main Examination as may be fixed by the Commission at their discretion, shall be summoned by them for an Interview or a Personality Test. The number of candidates to be summoned for interview will be about two and a half times the number of vacancies to be filled. Marks, obtained by the candidates in the Main Examination, (written part as well as interview) would determine their final ranking.
Personality Test Training at ANALOG:
The Personality Training Sessions will comprise of Four levels:
1. Enrichment Classes
2. Personal DAF Briefing
3. Mock Interviews at Hyderabad / Bengaluru -
(i) One to One Mock Interviews
(ii) Panel Mock Interviews
4. Mock Interviews at New Delhi
Find below the details of First Personal DAF Briefing session
@ Hyderabad @ Bengaluru
Some useful tips to candidates who are going to appear for IAS Interview:
IAS Interview is the last stage of selection for IAS exam. Interview is taken to test the personality of the candidate. It is taken by a committee having one head and members who are experts of their specific fields. Questions are asked randomly from any field whether it is academic or non academic. Members of IAS interview board try to test the full personality of a candidate in a few minutes.
Many candidates are afraid of facing IAS Interview board because they become nervous but if you are able to clear IAS Mains then certainly you are very intelligent and you can easily clear IAS Interview. You must be confident and trust yourself.
To make you more comfortable in understanding an IAS or IPS interview, we have few best tips that you can follow when you start preparing and to know how to attend the interview in the best manner. Check below tips..
1. Start your Interview Preparation from January Onwards: First tip is start preparing from the start of the year. You will get at least 3 months to prepare. But I recommend to start preparing from one year onwards so that you get enough time.
2. Give respect to the members who will take your Interview: Once you enter the interview room then give due respect to the members who will be going to take your interview. The board members will notice mannerism and decide whether you will be fit or not. So take mannerism seriously.
3. Do Not Forget what your wrote in your Mains Exam: You will only come for the interview after successfully clearing the written mains exam. So while you give interview you will be asked what you did in your mains. So remember and revise what you did there.
4. Have Positive Views in Your Mind: Go for the interview with a positive mindset. Usually, it happens that negative thoughts would start coming to your mind. Especially, who are giving interview for the first time? So be positive and think right.
5. Have proper command on Your Language Skills: It does not matter what is your medium of the interview. Be it Hindi or English. It really does not matter. What matters is the command over the particular language.
6. It takes more courage to listen than to speak: You must listen to the interviewee before you answer anything. It is good to listen completely and then answer rather interrupting when they are speaking.
7. First question why you want to join IAS? Seventh interview technique would be to prepare for this question because you will be asked. This will be perhaps the first question that you have to answer. So prepare an honest reply beforehand. You will find it easy to answer.
8. Speak Your Heart and Do not lie Yourself: If you are asked with tough questions or questions that you would not like to answer then do not tell a lie. Never create a fake story to boost yourself just tell them truthfully it does not really matters.
9. Show Confidence and talk to them, not at them: You should always look into their eyes and then talk. This is very basic interview tip for a civil service interview. Do not look down or elsewhere and answer. If do then they might think you do not have self-confidence.
10. For Serious Question give a Serious Reply: Although you should give a smile and give answers laughingly. But if you are asked a serious question then your answer should be serious too. You have to show them that you care about what they are asking.
11. Prepare what you're going to Say for Hobby Section: This is again very obvious question that you will be asked in a civil service interview is about your hobby. You should answer this question in a light mood. The board members must get a chance to laugh at some point in time.
Hope these tips will be useful for you. Have a nice interview.. All the best.
Actual Interview(Word to Word) by AIR 1 2006 Mr. Revu Muthyala Raju IAS
Some sample questions of IAS Interview:
Question 1: What will you do if I run away with your sister?
A: The candidate who was selected answered " I will not get a better match for my sister than you sir".
Question 2: Interviewer (to a female candidate) - What if one morning you woke up & found that you were pregnant.
A: Girl - I will be very excited and take an off, to celebrate with my husband.
Normally an unmarried girl will be shocked to hear this, but she managed it well. Why I should think it in the wrong way, she said later when asked.
Question 3: Interviewer ordered a cup of coffee for the candidate. Coffee arrived and was kept before the candidate. what is before you?
Candidate instantly replied "Tea".
He got selected. You know how and why did he say "TEA" when he knows that coffee was kept before him. Answer: The question was "What is before you (U - alphabet) Reply was "TEA" ( T - alphabet) Alphabet "T" is before Alphabet "U".
Question 4: The interviewer asked to the candidate "This is your last question of the interview. Please tell me the exact position of the center of this table."
Candidate confidently put one of his finger at some point at the table and told that this was the central point at the table.
Interviewer asked how did u get to know that this was the central point of this table? Then he answered quickly that sir u r not to ask any more questions, as it was the last question that u promised to ask.....
And hence, he was selected because of his quick-wit. ........
Real life IAS i.e. UPSC Exam 1998 Interview questions and their answers given by Candidates oh sorry IAS Officers now.!!!!!!
1. How can you drop a raw egg onto a concrete floor without cracking it?
2. If it took eight men ten hours to build a wall,how long would it take four men to build it?
3. If you had three apples and four oranges in one hand and four apples and three oranges in the other hand, what would you have?
4. How can you lift an elephant with one hand?
5. How can a man go eight days without sleep?
6. If you throw a red stone into the blue sea what it will become?
7. What looks like half apple ?
8. What can you never eat for breakfast ?
9. What happened when wheel was invented ?
10. Bay of Bengal is in which state?
1. Concrete floors are very hard to crack! (UPSC Topper)
2. No time at all it is already built. (UPSC 23 Rank Opted for IFS)
3. Very large hands.(Good one) (UPSC 11 Rank Opted for IPS)
4. It is not a problem, since you will never find an elephant with one hand. (UPSC Rank 14 Opted for IES)
5. No Probs , He sleeps at night. (UPSC IAS Rank 98)
6. It will Wet or Sink as simple as that. (UPSC IAS Rank 2)
7. The other half. (UPSC - IAS Topper)
9. It caused a revolution.
10. Liquid (UPSC 33Rank )
IAS Toppers Success Tips:
As we all know that to get recruited in IAS, candidates also need to clear Interview along with written exam. For those candidates, we are providing IAS Toppers Interview Questions and Answers. Success Tips and Mantras helps the students to clear interview round.
There are many students who beat the written exam but they get failed in clearing the final interview. Reason is lack of knowledge about the question that is asked in the interview and as a result they miss the chance of getting the job.
Dear Visitors we are providing you useful details about interview. And this interview questions are given by the toppers who cleared the exam and got the IAS job.
This information is given by our portal which is portalforjobs.com. You may visit our portal to grab this information and the latest details of jobs in government sectors.
Applicants if you are preparing for IAS jobs and you want to know what are the types of question, that are asked in the interview so kindly go through as it may be beneficial to you.
IAS Toppers Interview Questions and Answers:
Below are some Interview Questions and Answers asked in IAS Exam. Read the questions carefully:
Ques1. Tell me about yourself?
Ans1. It is a common interview question that is asked by interviewers. If they ask about you then tell about your family information, background and qualification details.
Ques2. Why do you want to become IAS Officer?
Ans2. Give the answer of this question very carefully. Tell about your interest in brief.
Ques3. Tell me about your positive and negative strengths?
Ans3. Make list of your strong points and weak points and describe it in your own way at that time.
Ques4. Why should we appoint you?
Ans4. Tell your best achievements and experience related to any organization.
Ques5. Questions to test your personality traits?
Ans5. Interviewers can ask any question related to your personality. They may judge you so give the answer in smart way without taking stress.
Note: Aspirants these question are not fixed it may vary therefore it is must that you keep yourself updated on the interview details.